While the preparation for the next game at Jan Breydel is in full swing at Zulte-Waregem, 6 players had international commitments this week. Below an overview:
- Kévin Denkey played with Togo against Senegal and Namibia as part of the qualifications for the World Cup in Qatar. Against Senegal, Denkey played 10 minutes. (2-0 loss). Togo also lost their next match against Namibia 0-1. Denkey played 19 minutes in the match.
- Dimitar Velkovski was called up for Bulgaria as part of the World Championship qualifications. On 2 September Bulgaria played against European champion Italy. This match ended 1-1. Against Lithuania of Edgaras Utkus it was 1-0 for Bulgaria. The third match for Bulgaria was on 8 September at home against Georgia. With Velkovski on the pitch for 90 minutes it became 4-0.
- Edgaras Utkus took on Lithuania against Dimitar Velkovski's Bulgaria (1-1) and against Northern Ireland on 2 September. It was 1-4 in favour of the Northern Irish. In both matches Utkus played 90 minutes. Against European champion Italy, Lithuania lost heavily: 5-0 in Italy. Utkus played 45 minutes.
- Olivier Deman received a letter of invitation for the U21 of Belgium. In the qualification games for the European Football Championship -U21, Deman and co. played against Turkey (2/09). In Turkey, it became 0-3 for the Red Devils.
- Boris Popovic, our new central defender, was selected for the U21 of Serbia. In the qualification for Euro U21, he played against Ukraine (3/09) and North Macedonia (7/09). Against Ukraine, Serbia lost 0-1. In and against Macedonia it was 0-0.
- Finally, Jesper Daland was called up for the U21 of Norway. He played in the qualification for the European Championship U21 against Austria (3/09) and Estonia (7/09). At home against Austria, Daland and co won with 3-1. Daland played 90 minutes. In the match against Estonia Daland played 63 minutes. He also picked up a yellow card.